A few years ago I worked for Sony Music and Sony Corporation of America. One of my first challenges as Vice President of Web Operations was to lead a global infrastructure consolidation with the objectives of: Lowering Total Cost of Ownership of our entire Internet facing Infrastructure Reducing Overall Data Centre Costs Reducing the Cost […]
Yesterday I received a message and a link from #SiobhanWalsh, #Axispoint’s Marketing and PR Manager saying that #DanDiSano, our Group President and CEO had been invited by #CRN Magazine to “to give a few predictions for our industry in 2011.” Of course, I read the full article. There were comments from 10 CEO’s including #BobCagnazzi […]
Server and data virtualisation are helping companies maximize the RoI on their IT assetts while also helping streamline routine IT tasks. They are “doing more with less”—a huge win. VMware, the leading server virtualisation firm, is setting the pace with a stream of new features and functionality that we are all eagerly consuming. The strategic […]
Â VMworld is fast approaching so expect a slew of announcements from the major virtualisation vendors like the announcement made yesterday by VMware regarding their vStorage API set. The vStorage API set provides an interface between VMware’s virtual Data Centre Operating System andÂ storage products. It includes APIs for Site Recovery Manager, Consolidated Backup, multi-pathing/load balancing […]
The past two years have seen the major players make a combined investment of over £1 billion on technology and acquisitions related to desktop virtualisation. Now that they have the technology will their customers will buy it? Enterprise desktop computing has its problems; it is difficult to secure Windows desktops and they are plagued by […]
Microsoft has a lot to say about their Virtualisation technology. Most of it is a continual repetition of its “Our virtualisation technology is as good as VMware’s.” They have now sorted out their pricing model and have the core products either shipping or about to ship. So, how does it compare to VMware? Microsoft have […]
Unquestionably, you can improve your value to your organisation by helping cut unnecessary use of power and raw materials. There are several ways to achieve this. TwoÂ significant strategies are: Move towards zero travel Virtualise your infrastructure Telecommuting not only cuts waste, it also promotes a better working life for individuals and it also means that […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter