October 2010 saw the publication of John C Maxwell’s latest book, The 5 Levels of Leadership. Maxwell describes the 5 levels as: Position: People follow you because they have to. Permission: People follow you because they want to. Production: People follow you because of what you have done for the organisation. People Development: People follow […]
A Leader’s Lasting value is measured by succession. John C. Maxwell’s 21st and final Irrefutable Law of Leadership; The Law of Legacy, states that if you want your leadership to have real meaning you need to obey the Law of Legacy by ensuring your succession and working to create a legacy. Maxwell’s advice on how […]
To add growth, lead followers but to multiply growth, lead leaders. This, according to John C. Maxwell’s 20th Irrefutable Law of Leadership, The Law of Explosive Growth, is the key to maximising your leadership and helping your organisation reach its true potential. Clearly, having to influence everyone around you is essentially very limiting. After all, […]
The Law of Timing; John C. Maxwell’s 19th Irrefutable Law of Leadership states that “when to lead” is just as important as what to do and where to go. Timing can often be the critical difference between success and failure. Maxwell proposes that there are only four outcomes from any move that a leader makes: […]
The Law of Sacrifice; John C. Maxwell’s 18th of 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership states that you need to be willing to make sacrifices in order to become a true leader. Maxwell posits that as you rise in leadership your responsibilities increase and rights decrease. This is, as he describes it, the true cost of […]
Pareto’s Principle states that if you focus on the top 20% most important items you have an 80% chance of success. John C. Maxwell’s 17th Irrefutable Law of Leadership; The Law of Priorities aligns with this principle. Leaders that prioritise are continually thinking ahead and never advance to the point where they no longer need […]
According to John C. Maxwell’s 16th Irrefutable Law of Leadership – The Law of the Big Mo – When you have no momentum, even the simplest tasks seem impossible. Even if you are full of passion and you are fully equipped with the right people and the right tools, if you can’t get the ball […]
According to John C. Maxwell’s 15th Irrefutable Law of Leadership – The Law of Victory – Victorious leaders all have one thing in common; they will not accept defeat. Their natural instinct is to figure out what it will take to achieve victory and then inspire their followers to implement. Maxwell lists three factors that […]
A leader first envisions the dream and then looks for a team to inspire but followers look for a leader to inspire them. That is how John C. Maxwell’s 14th Irrefutable Law of Leadership – The Law of Buy-In – works. A good example of this in action is Rotary International’s “End Polio Now” campaign. […]
John C. Maxwell’s 13th Irrefutable Law of Leadership is The Law of the Picture. Great Leaders are visionaries. They see the bigger picture and they act accordingly. While great strategists can envision a plan to drive towards a vision; it is the leaders amongst us that define the vision and inspire others to reach for […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter