We all want to ensure we get the most out of the talented individuals we have in our organisations, yet for many of us this aim remains an elusive one. Do you employ intrinsic or extrinsic motivation? What about performance related pay vs hourly pay? There is research to support each approach, but the Institute […]
This post is a reblog of an excellent article posted on The Process Excellence Network and is published with the kind permission of the author Debashis Sarkar. A lot is written about process excellence, writes columnist Debashis Sarkar, but one area that has not been covered in much detail is what actually makes a great process […]
At the 13th annual PEX Week Europe event this week big data was a constant theme as speakers regaled the audience with stories of how the flood of data now available to process professionals can help them deliver the continuous improvement they so desire. The appeal is an obvious one. Just as biologists have long […]
With their stock going through the roof, causing them to become the most valuable company in the world, it’s easy to assume that everything is rosy at Apple and that they have managed the post-Jobs era incredibly well. Their world is not without problems however. They have received a good deal of negative publicity for […]
A few years ago I worked for Sony Music and Sony Corporation of America. One of my first challenges as Vice President of Web Operations was to lead a global infrastructure consolidation with the objectives of: Lowering Total Cost of Ownership of our entire Internet facing Infrastructure Reducing Overall Data Centre Costs Reducing the Cost […]
I am breaking my habit of posting only once per day because I thought this to be very topical. I heard the NHS Care Report & Recommendations debated on the Today programme this morning and in light of some recent work we’ve delivered at QEHB (Queens Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham) was ruminating on how the key findings […]
There is a very good short video on YouTube posted by The Process Excellence Network entitled Welcome to the Process Excellence Revolution. The video describes Process Excellence as “improving the way that businesses create and deliver value to customers.” As the leader of a centre of excellence for Business Process Management, I can identify with […]
Yesterday I followed a tweet by @JesseLynStoner that pointed to an interesting blog post entitled Strategy-Towards Hypotheses, Experiments, Involvement & Learning by @artpetty. Since Jesse is my new favourite author (see my recent blog posting Big Rocks where I discuss Jesse’s book Full Steam Ahead)! I naturally followed the link. I found Art’s article both […]
Over the past several months I have battled with a conundrum. I have always believed that successful companies take care of their customers. I have strongly encouraged my entire team to put our customers first. I have been known on several occasions to quote the old adage “It costs a lot to win a new […]
I have just finished reading Ted Coine’s blog post entitled “The Law of the Umbrella” and immediately felt the urge to tweet so that I could pass on his words of wisdom. It is not often that I read a blog post and feel so strongly aligned with the content that the urge to tweet […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter