I am breaking my habit of posting only once per day because I thought this to be very topical. I heard the NHS Care Report & Recommendations debated on the Today programme this morning and in light of some recent work we’ve delivered at QEHB (Queens Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham) was ruminating on how the key findings […]
Earlier today, I started reading a book recommended by Ted Coine called Full Steam Ahead by Ken Blanchard and Jesse Stoner. I am often sceptical about management and leadership books thinking that it is all the same claptrap repeated and regurgitated time after time. However, I quickly became engrossed in the book. I missed […]
A few seconds ago several tweets and re-tweets popped in to my timeline all of which pointed to a short blog post entitled “What’s wrong with being right?” The blog post is based on the book, “Get Along with Anyone, Anytime, Anywhere” by Arnold Sanow and Sandra Strauss. Seeing such a flurry of activity, I took […]
THE PROBLEM – Congratulations, you’ve successfully completed your first BPM project – perhaps two or three. Management are delighted with the increased productivity and visibility. Operators are impressed with the usability. So far, so good! Is this the end of your BPM journey, or merely the beginning?
THE PROBLEM – Regardless of your selected vendor, until your new BPM software suite is in active production and generating tangible benefit to your business, you are effectively sitting on some very expensive shelfware. A catalyst is necessary to multiply the incurred licence and maintenance costs into visible, sponsor-delighting ROI.
THE PROBLEM — BPM projects should create a mutual dependency between IT and the Business that requires an unprecedented amount of team work and process definition. In best practise BPM projects, at least 60% of the effort should involve change management and getting organisations to think about process in the business. If the Business and […]
As a CIO, you want to add value to the business to deliver competitive edge but you are challenged to deliver new projects with more than 50% of your IT budget spent on maintenance and support. BPM as a way of adding value may be difficult to justify in addition to the inventory of other […]
Top Tips: You have decided to consider deploying BPM to solve a compelling issue in a business function, or are evaluating how BPM can deliver an agile platform to leverage your investment in a Services Oriented Architecture, but are faced with a bewildering choice of tools and approaches.
The discipline of deploying a BPM project is very different to a classic IT led waterfall deployment of ERP, CRM or E-Commerce. In order to ensure success, it is imperative to understand the roles and responsibilities of the project team consisting of both business and IT resources. I wrote a white paper a while back […]
John P. Kotter, in his latest book A Sense of Urgency [Harvard Business Press, 2008] cites two reasons why, by his calculation, 70% of Business change either fails to deliver or is never instigated in the first place. These two reasons are complacency and false urgency. He believes that complacent people do not realise they […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter