With their stock going through the roof, causing them to become the most valuable company in the world, it’s easy to assume that everything is rosy at Apple and that they have managed the post-Jobs era incredibly well. Their world is not without problems however. They have received a good deal of negative publicity for […]
During the 80’s and early 90’s I worked with a number of “independent consultants.” Each of them prided themselves in their ability to extract obscene amounts of money from every one of their clients. A couple of friends that ran a graphic design agency once told me that their charging policy was to “charge like […]
In my experience, there are good ways to give feedback, be it positive or negative, and bad ways. Thinking back over my career, I have experienced a number of managers and colleagues that are spectacularly good at giving feedback in an entirely unhelpful way. Aside from the managers that just ignore problems and hope they […]
Recently I have met several people that appear to have an expectation of salary simply because of their position and tenure with their firm. At this time of year, most firms will have completed their annual salary and bonus reviews and their employees are either generally happy or mostly unhappy. It is so difficult to […]
There is a very good short video on YouTube posted by The Process Excellence Network entitled Welcome to the Process Excellence Revolution. The video describes Process Excellence as “improving the way that businesses create and deliver value to customers.” As the leader of a centre of excellence for Business Process Management, I can identify with […]
Four years ago, I received a copy of the HBR article “Employee Motivation: A Powerful New Model” by Nitin Nohria, Boris Groysberg and Linda-Eling Lee and found it to be a powerful missive on employee motivation. The model opines that employees have four drivers that affect their motivation: The drive to Acquire The drive to Bond The […]
Normally we start work on the detail of our strategic plan in October so that it is ready for review in December and signed off for implementation in January. However, this year, we were so focused on closing out the year with massive growth and creating a backlog for Q12012 that we decided to hold […]
Using Tony Schwart’s Harvard Business Review paper “The Twelve Attributes of a Truly Great Place to Work”, how does my firm stack up?
Today I initiated a conversation with my senior team. I said that I felt we needed to have a clearer, more concise vision for the company. Having recently read Jim Collins and Jerry Porras’ Harvard Business Review paper entitled “Building Your Company’s Vision” it reminded me that too often a company’s vision statement is diluted […]
This morning I had an 8am meeting in London. Knowing how difficult it can be to get in to the City and be on time for an 8am start (when you are not a regular commuter) I decided to look for a cheap hotel. I found the Premiere Inn at County Hall complete with a […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter