We all want to ensure we get the most out of the talented individuals we have in our organisations, yet for many of us this aim remains an elusive one. Do you employ intrinsic or extrinsic motivation? What about performance related pay vs hourly pay? There is research to support each approach, but the Institute […]
At the 13th annual PEX Week Europe event this week big data was a constant theme as speakers regaled the audience with stories of how the flood of data now available to process professionals can help them deliver the continuous improvement they so desire. The appeal is an obvious one. Just as biologists have long […]
Everyone wants to get better at what they do, so the process improvement movement has gained plenty of justifiable momentum over the last decade or so. Recent research has suggested however that many companies do not get the benefits they had hoped for when they instigated a process improvement drive, with a major obstacle being […]
Yesterday I followed a tweet by @JesseLynStoner that pointed to an interesting blog post entitled Strategy-Towards Hypotheses, Experiments, Involvement & Learning by @artpetty. Since Jesse is my new favourite author (see my recent blog posting Big Rocks where I discuss Jesse’s book Full Steam Ahead)! I naturally followed the link. I found Art’s article both […]
During my long and varied career I have been involved in a number of significant IT projects. As a software development manager for Prime Computer (remember them?) in the late 70’s and early 80’s I led large and varied teams focused on the next release of the Primos operating system. Later in my career, as […]
Organisations can derive these benefits from technological solutions, but can they meet these short term needs (downsizing for lean-ness and moving towards centralised control for agility) whilst also addressing long term strategic aims that prepare them to exit recession better equipped for the future than they were when they entered? I believe that they can. […]
Businesses want to improve their processes for a number of reasons ranging from increased efficiency and increased effectiveness through to increased visibility and improved collaboration. Increased efficiency is about ensuring all the steps in a process are necessary. Can we drive down costs by streamlining the process? Effectiveness is the process of driving Business value? […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter