Yesterday I watched an excellent webcast by Jonathan Steel, CEO of technology researchers at The Bathwick Group where he discusses the results of a survey into the importance of Information Management to a range of companies. Jonathan states that the survey found that 75% of respondents said that good information management is a key to profitability. Bathwick’s […]
From long and bitter experience of both infrastructure and software projects I am firmly of the opinion that all failures of IT projects come down to two things, poor planning and a lack of business involvement and commitment. My experience shows that successful projects create a mutual dependency between IT and the Business. I have […]
There are some processes that we must follow legally and they are forced into an organisation through the compliance route. How often, though, does this implementation of process, in the name of compliance, cause resentment because the process has not been properly thought through? For example, I have been reviewing the “Know Your Customer (KYC)”, […]
There has been much talk over the years about the ability of the various business process management (BPM) offerings to create an orchestration layer that provides the communications layer necessary to bring order and controlled flexibility to horizontal processes. I think that most proponents of BPM would agree that it is clear that you cannot […]
How often do you see projects that fail to get deployed or where the implementation costs are greater than the value the solution provides? It is perennial concern, one that most large IT departments seem unable to resolve. I have, in my career, produced endless business cases, cost justifications and ROI projections. I have championed […]
CIO Magazine’s recent poll of top ten CIO concerns concludes that the fast moving pace of technological innovation means change is a guaranteed part of the CIO’s remit. They argue, the most significant management issue that CIOs have to face this year is change management – business process change, changes in organisational cultures and the […]
According to CIO Magazine, concern over compliance has moved up, from 8th to 6th in the list of top ten concerns for CIO’s. Clearly, many companies are bound by regulatory compliance. For some companies, regulatory compliance is now weaved into the fabric of their organisation. Other companies are confusing security with compliance. This is understandable […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter