I am sure that you will have noticed that I suddenly stopped my regular blog last May and haven’t blogged since. It wasn’t my choice to do so and it is a complicated story but needless to say, I have been itching to restart blogging, and the time has now arrived!
Since I last wrote an article my life has changed completely. I resigned my previous CEO position and started a new venture. Working with a much smaller but just as talented team has sparked a new enthusiasm in my life. I hope to pass on some of this enthusiasm in my coming blog articles.
The major reason behind my resignation was that I felt my life was unbalanced. I was becoming uninspired and was lacking my usual enthusiasm. Something clearly had to change. So I made that change!
Fascinatingly, today, the day I had resolved to restart my blog, I came across an article by Aline Hanle entitled “5 Silent Warnings that your life is unbalanced.” The article discusses the delicate equilibrium of life and how small things can turn order into chaos. Now, while my life clearly wasn’t in chaos, it was out of equilibrium. I found the 5 silent warnings Aline describes (Lack of Enthusiasm, Lack of Inspiration, Small Bodily Injuries, Negative Attitude and Compensatory Behaviours) to resonate.
I was able to make the changes needed and turn an unhappy situation into something that has reinvigorated me. If you are in the same boat, I suggest you read Aline’s article and pay attention to the signs…
- Lack of interest, lack of passion, feelings of indifference, boredom.
- Feeling desperate tormented and sorrowed, seeing chaos instead of order, victimhood vibrations, and sense of powerlessness.
- Lower back tension, headaches, etc.
- The words you use, the negative comments, your sense of rebellion, where you focus your thoughts.
- Excessive tendencies, feelings of guilt towards self and others, compulsive comportments.
… and do something about it while you have the strength to do so!