Leaders make a difference. Leaders inspire hope. Leaders instil a belief system in others that gives them hope and that makes it possible for them to achieve to their fullest potential.
As a Leader, how do you accomplish this?
How do you challenge your team to be the best they can be?
Personally I always try to:
- Speak from my heart – I tell the truth. I believe that both the delivery and the content of the message matter.
- Learn from the past – and use it as a solid grounding for future change.
- Challenge those around me – Issues and challenges are surfaced and tackled head on. I set expectations that change is needed and required.
- Do what’s right – even when it causes personal pain.
- Expect others to do what’s right – we can all make choices, I expect others to be honest and make the right choices for the right reasons.
- Believe – I believe my team is capable of so much more and I expect them to believe it too!
What do you do?