Kouzes and Posner have compiled more than one million responses to their leadership assessment survey. Their book “The Truth about Leadership” explores the fundamental, enduring truths of leadership that hold constant regardless of context or circumstance. The ten truths they espouse are: You Make a Difference. When you believe you can make a difference, you […]
Hersey and Blanchard’s four leadership styles
Bill Cohen, in his book “Heroic Leadership” stated: “Heroic leadership is special… and heroic leadership requires tough standards.” The book is an excellent read with a good introduction from Peter Drucker. The book contains: Real-world examples from business as well as battle, chosen to give you the knowledge and confidence to lead in any situation […]
I have just read a great post on Forbes written by Ryan Holiday entitled “9 Timeless Leadership Lessons from Cyrus the Great.” Holiday states that historians call Cyrus the Great “the most amiable of conquerors” and the first king to found “his empire on generosity” instead of violence and tyranny. I will leave it to […]
Some people fall naturally into management while others work hard to get a foothold and then even harder to keep climbing the ladder. No matter which way you look at it, your first management position is likely to be a critical factor in how successful you will become as a leader. If you are lucky […]
I found a blog post by Jeff Bullas entitled 28 Reasons Why The CEO Is Afraid Of Social Media Jeff wrote the original article in August 2009 but the list is still relevant. Jeff’s list is: It is detrimental to employee productivity It could damage the company’s reputation Security risk Fear of the unknown We […]
Leaders make a difference. Leaders inspire hope. Leaders instil a belief system in others that gives them hope and that makes it possible for them to achieve to their fullest potential. As a Leader, how do you accomplish this? How do you challenge your team to be the best they can be? Personally I always […]
I have recently spoken and written about staff retention, about growing your team and about strategies for keeping hold of those most valuable of resources. Over the weekend, I started thinking about strategies for coping with the unfortunate, but inevitable, loss of a star player from a team. We all have go-to members of our […]
I have written and spoken many times on the need to ensure candidates fit your firm’s culture. I believe that I am currently surrounded by a very strong team with a self-healing culture. By “self-healing” I mean that that the firm’s culture is strong and resilient. When a new member is brought in to the […]
Stephen R Covey asserts: “leadership has nothing to do with formal authority, it has everything to do with influence.” I happen to agree with him. If you think about the best leaders you know I am confident that you will see people that have a natural ability to influence everyone around them. Where they sit […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter