To add growth, lead followers but to multiply growth, lead leaders. This, according to John C. Maxwell’s 20th Irrefutable Law of Leadership, The Law of Explosive Growth, is the key to maximising your leadership and helping your organisation reach its true potential.
Clearly, having to influence everyone around you is essentially very limiting. After all, how many people can you touch each day? By leading leaders you multiply the people you touch and therefore have a greater leadership potential. Extend that reach to another layer and your influence multiplies exponentially.
Do you have leaders among your followers?
What are you doing to develop the leaders that you touch?
This is the 20th article in a series of 21. Previous articles can be found here:
- The Law of the Lid: How effective are you as a leader?
- The Law of Influence: The True Measure of Leadership
- The Law of Process: Leadership is a Journey of Continuous Improvement
- The Law of Navigation: Anyone can Steer the Ship…
- The Law of Addition: Adding Value by Serving Others
- The Law of Solid Ground: Trust is the Foundation of Leadership
- The Law of Respect: People Don’t Follow Others by Accident
- The Law of Intuition: Evaluate Everything with a Leadership Bias
- The Law of Magnetism: Who You Are, Is Who You Attract
- The Law of Connection: Leaders that Care Make Connections
- The Law of The Inner Circle: Leaders Cannot Succeed Alone
- The Law of Empowerment: Only Secure Leaders Give Power to Others
- The Law of the Picture: Set the Right Example
- The Law of Buy-In: Buying into the Leader comes before buying into the vision
- The Law of Victory: Finding a Way to Win
- The Law of the Big Mo: Success comes from Momentum
- The Law of Priorities: Activity is Not Necessarily Accomplishment
- The Law of Sacrifice: A Leader Must Give Up to Go Up
- The Law of Timing: Timing is Critical to Successful Leadership