According to John C. Maxwell’s 15th Irrefutable Law of Leadership – The Law of Victory – Victorious leaders all have one thing in common; they will not accept defeat. Their natural instinct is to figure out what it will take to achieve victory and then inspire their followers to implement.
Maxwell lists three factors that contribute to a team’s dedication to win:
- Unity of Vision – Teams succeed only when the players have a unified vision, no matter how much talent or potential there is.
- Diversity of Skills – Every organization requires diverse talents to succeed.
- A Leader Dedicated to Victory and Raising Players to Their Potential – Unity of vision doesn’t happen spontaneously. The right players with the proper diversity of talent don’t come together on their own. It takes a leader to make those things happen. It takes a leader to provide the motivation, empowerment, and direction required to win.
Leaders who practice the Law of Victory firmly believe anything less than success is completely unacceptable. Leaders who practice the Law of Victory always have a “Plan B”
How dedicated are you to winning?
This is the 15th article in a series of 21. Previous articles can be found here:
- The Law of the Lid: How effective are you as a leader?
- The Law of Influence: The True Measure of Leadership
- The Law of Process: Leadership is a Journey of Continuous Improvement
- The Law of Navigation: Anyone can Steer the Ship…
- The Law of Addition: Adding Value by Serving Others
- The Law of Solid Ground: Trust is the Foundation of Leadership
- The Law of Respect: People Don’t Follow Others by Accident
- The Law of Intuition: Evaluate Everything with a Leadership Bias
- The Law of Magnetism: Who You Are, Is Who You Attract
- The Law of Connection: Leaders that Care Make Connections
- The Law of The Inner Circle: Leaders Cannot Succeed Alone
- The Law of Empowerment: Only Secure Leaders Give Power to Others
- The Law of the Picture: Set the Right Example
- The Law of Buy-In: Buying into the Leader comes before buying into the vision