At the 13th annual PEX Week Europe event this week big data was a constant theme as speakers regaled the audience with stories of how the flood of data now available to process professionals can help them deliver the continuous improvement they so desire. The appeal is an obvious one. Just as biologists have long […]
In May 2010 Simon Sinek gave a TED talk entitled “How Great Leaders Inspire Action.” I recently watched a recording of his talk on YouTube and I actively encourage you to watch it too. The talk describes how great leaders inspire action and why some people are able to achieve things, when others are not. […]
In his book “Hedgehogs and Foxes: Character, Leadership and Command in Organizations,” Abraham Zaleznik analyses several charismatic and successful leaders. He assesses their leadership style and asserts that leaders are either Hedgehogs who view leadership as a single-minded track driven by unwavering rules or Foxes that assess and re-evaluate their goals and strategies based on […]
I am not sure where I found it but I have a poster on my office wall entitled “A Short Course in Human Relations.” The poster reads: The SEVEN most important words: “I don’t know, but I’ll find out.” The SIX most important words: “I admit I made a mistake.” The FIVE most important words: […]
Leadership is about inspiration. Inspiring your team can often be as simple as listening and acting on their ideas. Creating a feeling of engagement and ensuring the team have real influence over the outcome is far more likely to inspire your team to perform at the peak of their abilities. When every member of your […]
A mistake made by some leaders is to assume that their team is totally aligned and acting together when in actuality they are merely acquiescing. Achieving true alignment and unity is a journey that starts with acceptance and moves through agreement before finally achieving alignment. Acceptance: Often, a leader’s position of authority is assumed by the […]
This morning I plugged my iPhone into my laptop for a quick charge. I rarely do this nowadays because I sync everything from iCloud. So, when iTunes opened, I was pleasantly surprised to see a few tracks that I had bought but not synced to the cloud. One of these tracks is called “Wherever You […]
With their stock going through the roof, causing them to become the most valuable company in the world, it’s easy to assume that everything is rosy at Apple and that they have managed the post-Jobs era incredibly well. Their world is not without problems however. They have received a good deal of negative publicity for […]
A Leader’s Lasting value is measured by succession. John C. Maxwell’s 21st and final Irrefutable Law of Leadership; The Law of Legacy, states that if you want your leadership to have real meaning you need to obey the Law of Legacy by ensuring your succession and working to create a legacy. Maxwell’s advice on how […]
To add growth, lead followers but to multiply growth, lead leaders. This, according to John C. Maxwell’s 20th Irrefutable Law of Leadership, The Law of Explosive Growth, is the key to maximising your leadership and helping your organisation reach its true potential. Clearly, having to influence everyone around you is essentially very limiting. After all, […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter