I blog regularly and often talk about the strength of the team and how they have developed a “self-healing culture” (see my blog posts here, here, here and here for examples) and was recently asked to describe the team that we have built at Axispoint Solutions.
I spent a few minutes collecting and organising my thoughts and then said:
- They are agile. They think on their feet, adapt quickly to changing priorities, and do whatever it takes to get things done.
- They are loyal. They are individuals that like to push the boundaries and shake things up (in a good way) but are completely supportive of their fellow team members.
- They like to have fun but know when to knuckle down and concentrate on delivering the goods.
- They know that it is good to give praise to their teammates when it is due.
- If they have an issue they are not afraid to bring it to their manager’s attention but they know that it is best to do it in private, especially if it is a sensitive issue.
- They are not afraid to speak up because they know that our culture is one of openness, honesty and transparency.
- They are driven to prove themselves and like to argue from a position of researched strength.
- They continually look to improve themselves, their work and the processes they consume.
All in all, I am very proud to be part of the team.
How do you characterise your team?