I am breaking my habit of posting only once per day because I thought this to be very topical. I heard the NHS Care Report & Recommendations debated on the Today programme this morning and in light of some recent work we’ve delivered at QEHB (Queens Elizabeth Hospital Birmingham) was ruminating on how the key findings […]
Recently I read an article by Michelle Braden on the Lead Change Group website entitled “Six Ways To Make Your Words More Meaningful.” The article discusses the importance of choosing your words carefully such that they add value to the message you are delivering. More importantly, however, was the key message that words and actions must […]
There have been a number of famous and, indeed, infamous leaders throughout history. Attempting to identify the qualities that these leaders all have in common seems to be an impossible task. If we look at some of the earlier “natural” leaders we see figures like Napoleon Bonaparte, Genghis Khan, Julius Caesar and Alexander the Great. These leaders […]
I am a relative newby when it comes to blogging, tweeting and gaining acceptance in the social media fraternity. I have been blogging and tweeting on and off for well over a year and, because I was seeing so little traffic to my blog, had convinced myself that I was wasting my time. However, not […]
I firmly assert that it is significantly more important for a leader to show loyalty to his team than vice-versa. From experience both as a leader and a foot soldier, I have always been more loyal to people that trusted me and showed loyalty to me. As a result I have found that by demonstrably […]
Leaders make decisions. That is what we do. If you constantly question your decisions you will end up in “analysis paralysis” and your team will lose faith in your ability to lead so my advice is consider your options and make the best decision according to the information currently at hand. If it doesn’t work […]
I am of the opinion that leaders who are not prepared to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in when the occasion demands will never be truly successful. I recently saw the phrase “unwillingness to render humble service” as a reason why a leader failed. It seems to me that you can’t be truly […]
There is an old adage, “Strong leaders surround themselves with strong people while weak leaders surround themselves with weak people.” I have always understood this to mean that strong leaders are not afraid of others being successful. While weak leaders are always in fear of their position so ensure there is no competition around them. […]
Recently I have met several people that appear to have an expectation of salary simply because of their position and tenure with their firm. At this time of year, most firms will have completed their annual salary and bonus reviews and their employees are either generally happy or mostly unhappy. It is so difficult to […]
There is an old American Indian saying from the Zuni people: “Walk tall as the trees.” I interpret this as “Keep your head up when you walk.” Clearly, the horizon is infinitely more interesting than your feet but what is really being said? After thinking about the Zuni saying, I realised that when you walk […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter