Four years ago, I received a copy of the HBR article “Employee Motivation: A Powerful New Model” by Nitin Nohria, Boris Groysberg and Linda-Eling Lee and found it to be a powerful missive on employee motivation. The model opines that employees have four drivers that affect their motivation: The drive to Acquire The drive to Bond The […]
Yesterday I followed a tweet by @JesseLynStoner that pointed to an interesting blog post entitled Strategy-Towards Hypotheses, Experiments, Involvement & Learning by @artpetty. Since Jesse is my new favourite author (see my recent blog posting Big Rocks where I discuss Jesse’s book Full Steam Ahead)! I naturally followed the link. I found Art’s article both […]
Earlier today, I started reading a book recommended by Ted Coine called Full Steam Ahead by Ken Blanchard and Jesse Stoner. I am often sceptical about management and leadership books thinking that it is all the same claptrap repeated and regurgitated time after time. However, I quickly became engrossed in the book. I missed […]
Normally we start work on the detail of our strategic plan in October so that it is ready for review in December and signed off for implementation in January. However, this year, we were so focused on closing out the year with massive growth and creating a backlog for Q12012 that we decided to hold […]
Over the past several months I have battled with a conundrum. I have always believed that successful companies take care of their customers. I have strongly encouraged my entire team to put our customers first. I have been known on several occasions to quote the old adage “It costs a lot to win a new […]
I have just finished reading Ted Coine’s blog post entitled “The Law of the Umbrella” and immediately felt the urge to tweet so that I could pass on his words of wisdom. It is not often that I read a blog post and feel so strongly aligned with the content that the urge to tweet […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter