Yesterday I received my weekly update from Lisa Pertilli advertising this week’s #LeadershipChat session. The subject of tonight’s Twitter chat is “Leadership Lessons: 5 Critical Requirements When Leading Change” and introduces Mike Henry Sr. as the guest host.
The five points that will be discussed are:
- A leaders Will to create change – not waiting for permission to change but, as Ghandi said, “be the change you want to see in the world.”
- Having a clear vision of the change – thus avoiding being side tracked
- Developing the ability to clearly communicate the vision – sharing the vision in a way that helps followers see it through their own eyes
- Developing passion that empowers inspiration – learning to be passionate about the vision and becoming capable of inspiring others to follow
- Creating Clear Strategies and Tactics for Execution – strategies must align with the vision
It doesn’t take much thought to see that the points make a great deal of sense and that any of us that are fortunate enough to be able to demonstrate all five aspects will ,indeed, be very capable leaders with a very strong following. I know that tonight’s session will be an interesting and lively debate. I encourage you to join in.
Lisa is a very able leader. She has very quickly and very astutely built up a strong following with #LeadershipChat and I look forward to meeting her at some point. My plea to Lisa, however, is please think about those of us in Europe that would like to take part in the Twitter Chat. I have a job to do and a company to run. When the chat session starts at 1am in the UK, I am far too tired to stay awake! Until then, I have to wait for the post session digest!