Yesterday I blogged about inspiring confidence in the team that surrounds you. In the post I mentioned the habit many “Leadership Bloggers” have of offering advice or comment in the form of lists (10 ways to becoming a more effective leader, 5 ways to create loyalty, etc.). Today, Joe Warner (@alistairwarner) sent me yet another […]
I am fortunate to be an entrepreneur that has also experienced life in small, medium and very large enterprises. As an entrepreneur, I am used to developing products and services, solving one financial crisis after another and selling and promoting my business. However, my wider experience in larger enterprises tells me that you cannot be […]
Yesterday I received my weekly update from Lisa Pertilli advertising this week’s #LeadershipChat session. The subject of tonight’s Twitter chat is “Leadership Lessons: 5 Critical Requirements When Leading Change” and introduces Mike Henry Sr. as the guest host. The five points that will be discussed are: A leaders Will to create change – not waiting […]
I recently completed reading The Effective Executive by Peter Drucker (@DruckerInst). We often bang on about leadership (#leadershipchat, #leadership) and how to become better, more effective leaders. The contrast in Drucker’s book is an interesting eye-opener. He identifies five practices that are essential to business effectiveness that all executives must learn in order to […]
After watching the English rugby team put in yet another miserable performance on Saturday, losing to France and failing to progress past the quarter finals in the 2011 Rugby World Cup, I was reminded of one of the demonstrably great leaders of our time, Vince Lombardi who once said “In great attempts it is glorious […]
Yesterday, I wrote a blog post about Steve Jobs and how, simply through one meeting over dinner he had inspired me to look forward and drive to succeed. I have just read another blog post by Seth Godin entitled “Roads Not Taken” and, short as it is, it is well worth reading. A simple statement […]
On Wednesday, one of the truly visionary people of our time lost his battle with pancreatic cancer. Steve Jobs passed away aged 56. Rest in peace Steve. I once had the honour of sitting next to Steve at a dinner. He had recently invested in Pixar and was enthusiastically looking forward to a new challenge […]
I have just finished reading Lisa Petrilli’s latest blog article “Does Active Social Media Engagement Start with the CEO?” As usual, Lisa provides thought-provoking commentary and if you are not a regular leader I thoroughly recommend you sign-up to receive her regular C-Level Strategies newsletter. In her latest article she references Mack Collier’s SlideShare from […]
- “Video on our website? …I don’t get it.” | Percipience Video May 20, 2015
- The Power of Video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Percipience Video frames the top 10 video marketing trends for 2015 | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Three tell-tail signs of a poorly produced video | Percipience Video May 19, 2015
- Chief Digital Officer – Identity Crisis? February 10, 2014
- Why do IT Projects fail? September 30, 2008
- How effective are you as a leader? March 21, 2012
- Can IT deliver tangible results and value? October 3, 2008
- The Power of the Tribe February 27, 2012
- Who You Are, Is Who You Attract March 29, 2012
- lahari: <a href="http://jntuinfo.in/jntuk-b-tech-2-1-s...
- Dominica Citizenship Program: Without second thought, using video in your webpag...
- ManimalaKumaran: Hiii... I have read it...The 5 signs of informatio...
- SaiSantosh1: Thanks for the great insight and in depth analysis...
- Marg Online: Thank you Peter for elaborating upon the different...
Follow @peterborner on Twitter